Costs are adding up. What financial resources are available?
With App State Online, you are connected to the Appalachian campus with access to world-class professors and top-notch Mountaineer resources, without most of the fees applicable to on-campus students. Explore the tabs to the left to learn about financial aid, identify scholarship opportunities and determine the best options for you.
In addition to tuition and fees, other costs associated with the academic programs could include:
- The non-refundable application fee (except when a cohort is canceled due to insufficient interest)
- Textbooks (App State Online students are not eligible to participate in the Campus Bookstore's textbook rental program).
- Course-specific materials as specified by the faculty teaching the course.
- The cost of required admission tests (e.g. GRE or MAT for admission to graduate programs, the Praxis I and Praxis II for teacher education majors and licensure candidates)
- Unique, specific software or hardware
- Parking fee, if required by the host site
- The graduation fee
- The cost of the cap and gown, if participating in the ceremony
Residency For Tuition Purposes
Financial Literacy Visit Financial Aid's Financial Literacy webpage for introductory videos that can help you manage your money, including topics on:
- Budgeting strategies
- Loan Forgiveness
- Credit & Debt
Student Perks & Discounts
Using your AppCard, many businesses offer student discounts to help you save money. View this document to see a list of some of the companies that offer discounts and incentives to students.